Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baby Steps.

This last Saturday Logan and I spent the afternoon enjoying the beautiful weather! It was a wonderful break from all the rain! I was so excited because I got off work for Good Friday, and didn't have to work that Saturday, thus, a 3 day weekend! Such a beautiful thing.


So on Saturday morning Logan and I researched hike paths and found on that was only around 20 minutes from our apartment. We packed a lunch and took our time sitting on docks and benches, and reading about all the animals and trees around the path. So relaxing. On the way home we drove down almost every path that diverged from the main road.

As I was sitting there full of joy, with the windows down, knowing all the words to the country station playing, I realized..how uncharastic this is of me! I have such horrible allergies that driving with the windows down is asking for swollen eyes and throat, counrty roads used to make me feel trapped, being so far from "civilization" as I called it lol, and I definately don't normally listen to country music! It's funny, Nashville has had an effect on me. I used to be a Dallas girl for goodness sake! Either way, I am excited to grow and change and enjoy new aspects of life that I never before understood.  Now... this doesn't mean I'm ready to go CAMPING or anything crazy like that. Baby steps.

2 comments:

  1. Call me as soon as you're ready to go camping :) My parents and I went camping for Easter weekend, including naps in hammocks and a 5-mile hike. It. Was. Glorious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and that y'all got to do that! And also that you were listening to country music! I miss you beykah! Get ready for me and Ryan to drive through Nashville in less than 2 months! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete